BSM Global Logistics (“We“, “Us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) (together with and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”, from the GDPR implementation date) or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998, (collectively the “DataProtectionLaws”) the Data Controller is BSM Global Logistics
1. YourpersonalinformationWe collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you in the course of your use of the websites/applications or providing our services:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website/Applications or filling in forms as part of the registration process, verbally, via email or any other medium. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites/Applications, subscribing to and using our service, or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you for example report a problem with the Website/Application.
- This could include, but not limited to, personal details such as name, email address, telephone number or any other information entered when using the Website/Applications, completing our survey forms, or using our Services.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We will also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- Publicly available sources which includes, but is not limited to, Google, Companies House and social media platforms.
- From our insurance partners from whom you have obtained a policy, and where you have given appropriate permissions, in order to complete your registration with us.
2. Our use of Data(i)Lawfulbasisforprocessing
We rely on your consent as the lawful basis on which we send you newsletters and promotional materials which we feel may be of interest to you, including those from our advertisers, where you have signed up on our Websites/Applications to receive such newsletters and promotional materials.We rely on your consent as the lawful basis where you have agreed to participate in a survey, and for the processing of such personal information as has been collected through that survey.We rely on “performance of a contract” on which we collect, use and share (in accordance with this policy only) your personal data in order to provide our services or to receive your services pursuant to an agreement with you.We rely on “legitimate interest” where:
- We collect, use and share (in accordance with this policy only) your personal data in order to provide our services pursuant to an agreement with an organisation that has engaged you.
- We use and process your contactdetails to correspond with you to build a potential business relationship, including providing you with materials and information we feel may be of interest to you.
- We collect, use and share (in accordance with this policy only) your personal data in orderfor you to receive services from a service provider pursuant to an agreement entered between you and the service provider(ii) Purposesofprocessing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services
- To ensure that content on the Website and any applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website/Application;
- To provide you with information and offers that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
(iii) MarketingInaddition to the above uses
We may use your information , to notify you about goods or services, including those of our advertisers, which may be of interest to you. Where We do this, We will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) only if you haveconsented to such communication.If you do not want Us to use your data in this way please either (i) tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data (for example, the registration form); (ii) unsubscribe from our electronic communications using the method indicated in the relevant communication; or (iii) inform Us at any time by contacting Us at the contact details set out below.
3. Disclosure of informationWe routinely disclose your personal data to third parties as follows:
- We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to host our servers)
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable)
- Where you have agreed to use the services of a service provider that is registered with us, we may share your information with such service providers in order for them to provide you with their services
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect Our rights, property, or safety or that of our affiliated entities and our users and any third party We interact with the to provide the websites/applications; or
- in relation to selected third parties only, only to the extent that you have consented to such selected third parties notifying you about certain goods or services, which may be if interest to you
Other than as set out above, and save insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, We will not share your data with third parties unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
4. StoringyourpersonaldataWe take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Where We process payment transactions, these will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the websites/applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website or our application; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. KeepingyourdatauptodateIf your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Websites/Applications, or by contacting Us using the contact details below. If you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact Us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.We will endeavour to update your personal data within 14 working days after receipt of relevant documents, and/or updating of necessary databases, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
6. HowlongwekeepyourpersonaldataWe will hold personal data including but not limited to name, address and contact details for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law currently seven years.
We may store other personal information that you have provided us for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to provide you with the services you have signed up to, to resolve any disputes, enforce our rights and/or respond to queries.
If you have any questions about our data retention policy please contact us.
7. Your rightsYou have the following rights in relation to your Data:
access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office(ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
8. Making a formal complaintWe hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information CommissionerOffice (ICO). The contact details can be found here.
10. Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or other device from which you access the Websites/Applications including where available your IP address, operating system, screen size and resolution, and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to third parties affiliates. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns anddoes not identify any individual. We may, however, use such information in conjunction with the data We have about you in order to track your usage of our services.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies We use include:
- Analyticalcookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Websites when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way our Websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Strictlynecessarycookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionalitycookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our Websites. This enables Us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- argetingcookies.These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to our affiliates websites. We will use this information to make our websites, offers e-mailed to you and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
BSM Global Logistics, Suit 6 Weston House, 18-22 Church St, Lutterworth, LE17 4AW.